Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chapter Four: Recognizing the Hero Complex

Days turned into weeks, and weeks into months. The
longer we spent time together, the more I wanted him and
the more desperate I became. After a long await, marriage
finally sprung up in a conversation. He implied that he
wanted to get married someday, but not right now. As a
natural saleswoman I know behind every no there is a
yes. He may not have a desire to get married now but
when I am finished putting my love spell on him, like in
the song, he will definitely be putting a ring on it.

I knew I needed to be more open with this man so he
could see more of who I was as a person. I unlocked the
key to my heart, and spewed out very painful details of
my past life. As the words came out so did the emotion
and I began to cry. He then leaned over and comforted me
with a hug. The hero complex was in “full effect”. I had
now smoothly switched roles and became the victim. I did
this frequently to get my way with him. It worked like a
charm for awhile, but like everything else in my life, it
soon came to a bitter end.

excerpt from Moment of Clarity

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love God first....period!

Followers